Sliocht sleachta ar shliocht bhur sleachta

Two of S21’s favorite people are getting married…to each other.  One of them is Brian Sacawa.  The other member of the wedding is playing it coy but feel free to guess.  Unless, of course, you know for sure, in which case hold it down until the intended makes the news public.   Steve Smith gets credit for making the shidekh.

Comments

Comment from david toub
Time: August 14, 2007, 7:25 am

OK I’m confused—Irish AND Yiddish? As in Shiddach?

Comment from Molly Sheridan
Time: August 14, 2007, 11:03 am

Man, when you don’t have a blog of your own in this town, suddenly you’re keeping secrets. Trust me, I’m telling everyone, but the lass can only send so many emails every day. Also, if you live anywhere in the state of Ohio or western PA, I’m sure my mom has personally stopped you in the street or the grocery to share the news. Thanks for the good wishes, Jerry!

Comment from david toub
Time: August 14, 2007, 11:15 am

Well mazel tov, or however one says it in Gaelic. And I thought you had a blog on NMBx each Friday?

Your news hadn’t hit eastern PA (until now, that is)

Comment from Daniel G.
Time: August 14, 2007, 11:18 am

Congratulations!

Comment from jeff harrington
Time: August 14, 2007, 11:33 am

Yeah! Congratulations from both me and Elsie!

Time: August 14, 2007, 12:26 pm

Cool! But we’ll be looking hard for any extra Sacawa links sneaked into the Friday Informer…

Comment from Everette Minchew
Time: August 14, 2007, 1:05 pm

I was wondering why there weren’t any Sacawa links on your last Friday Informer.

Congratulations to both of you! I wish you the best and I hope the wedding planning is as painless as possible.

Comment from lawrencedillon
Time: August 14, 2007, 1:23 pm

I don’t know Molly, but Brian is a great guy. If she’s half as good-looking, intelligent, talented and gracious as he is, they should have some terrific kids.

Of course, as Lady Astor put it, all men marry above their station.

Congrats to both of you.

Comment from Steve Smith
Time: August 14, 2007, 2:03 pm

Everette, did you miss the Sacawa link in the last paragraph of the Friday, Aug. 10 Informer? He’s right between Danny Felsenfeld and, well, me.

Lawrence, trust me: Brian is a lucky, lucky, lucky man.

Comment from Brian Sacawa
Time: August 14, 2007, 2:49 pm

Thanks so much for the good wishes, everyone. Saying that we’re super excited is a huge understatement. And Molly did drop a slick little hint in her column last week. Read the last sentence again with your 20/20 hindsight glasses on.

Pingback from brian sacawa | sounds like now » Blog Archive » The cat’s out
Time: August 14, 2007, 3:59 pm

[…] Though it certainly wasn’t a secret, Molly’s revealed herself as the answer to Steve Smith’s little marital puzzle from last week. What, nobody picked up on her slick little hint in last week’s Friday Informer? Read the last sentence with your 20/20 hindsight glasses on. […]

Comment from everette minchew
Time: August 14, 2007, 6:31 pm

Steve,
Looking back now, I had forgotten about the link being there, but I was expecting her to admit that she was one of the guilty party.

and congrats to you also, steve.

Comment from Brian Sacawa
Time: August 14, 2007, 9:28 pm

And I’m blushing, Larry!

Comment from Nathan Newbrough
Time: August 15, 2007, 6:11 pm

Greetings and congrats from Amarillo! We all knew Molly would marry well.