College of Architecture + The Arts
School of Music
Music Technology Program Area Coordinator
FIU is a multi-campus public research university located in Miami, a vibrant and globally connected 24/7 city. Miami’s captivating skyline, tasteful tropical cuisine, vivid arts, historically rich and diverse neighborhoods, trendy South Beach scene, bustling international trade, and youthful exuberance provide a perfect environment for our engaged university.
Serving more than 42,000 students, FIU offers more than 180 baccalaureate, masters, professional, and doctoral degree programs. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our times.
The College of Architecture + The Arts at Florida International University is accepting applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Music Technology in the School of Music.
- Earned Doctorate in Music Composition, Music Technology, or Digital Media
- Record of performances and commissions on the National and International level and/or record of scholarly publications in music composition and music technology
- Leadership and administrative skills
- Evidence of excellence in university teaching
- Ability to advise graduate and undergraduate research in music composition and technology
Responsibility and Expectations:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate Music Technology courses
- Advise all Music Technology students and supervise recording and lab assistants
- Observe, mentor and supervise students in internships
- Coordinate the Music Technology area including revision and development of curriculum and other related aspects of the area
- Develop and maintain a regional and national profile within the profession, and engage in scholarly and creative activities
- Be actively engaged in the department recruitment and retention activities
- Provide advisement related to music technology to Music administration
To apply online for this position please visit https: //www.fiujobs.org. Review of applicants will begin on January 12, 2011.
To ensure full consideration, please submit on line a cover letter, the names and contact information for 3 references that the committee can contact, a complete CV, a philosophy of teaching statement and a vision statement for the area. For additional information contact: Jason Calloway, Chair of Music Technology Search, School of Music, Florida International University,
10910 SW 17th Street, WPAC 143C, Miami, Fl. 33199
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.