A few other highlights from the trip I can’t neglect to mention:
- PÃ¨re Lachaise – not just for the graves of famous composers, authors and artists, but for the moving memorials to Resistance fighters and Holocaust victims.
- Dinner in a Parisian home – belonging to one Brigitte Warnez of Rue Emile Zola on the Rive Gauche. Everything was great — the wine, the reminiscence of her life in Cambodia in the 1960s, and especially the three courses of cheese.
- MusÃ©e d’Orsay – especially Joel Shapiro’s sculpture inspired by Carpeux.
- Any glimpse – from any angle of Notre Dame de Paris.
- Fun with French – buying chocolate, when the nice lady behind the counter asked me how many boxes I wanted, and I said “God” instead of “two.” Come to think of it, maybe that was the right answer.