Le Jour de Gloire est Arrivé!

Tonight’s the big night.  The kids have worked hard and it’s going to be a great show.  I hope to see you all this evening at the first ever Sequenza21 Concert, CUNY Graduate Center, Elebash Recital Hall, 34th and Fifth Avenue. 7:30 sharp.

The street address, by the way, is 365 Fifth Avenue.

Comments

Time: November 20, 2006, 11:20 am

Break a lip!… (or a finger, whichever…) I forgot to send along that big cardboard cut-out of me, that you could prop up in one of the seats. But I’ll synchronize my watch & channel a few good thoughts your way from Seattle just before curtain.

Comment from CM Zimmermann
Time: November 20, 2006, 11:56 am

‘Gloire’ is misspelled.

Comment from David Salvage
Time: November 20, 2006, 12:11 pm

Concert starts at 7:30, y’all. You’ll want to get there right then, because Jerry’s going to warm up the crowd for us.

Comment from Eric Lin
Time: November 20, 2006, 12:56 pm

Can’t make it as I’m in MA now. Nonetheless, good luck! Sounds like a great concert.

Comment from Rob Deemer
Time: November 20, 2006, 1:02 pm

Good luck tonight – unfortunately the commute from OKC is a tad rough, so I’ll have to wait till the DVD hits the shelves!

Time: November 20, 2006, 1:14 pm

Look for it at Tower.

Comment from Nathan Bibb
Time: November 20, 2006, 1:29 pm

I really wish I could make it, but there are several personal issues keeping me in NJ tonight. I sincerely hope someone will record the performance, though – including Jerry’s warm up!

Best of luck, everyone!

Comment from David Toub
Time: November 20, 2006, 1:50 pm

Hey, I’m grabbing a train into Penn Station for just after 6, meeting an old friend who’s also coming to the concert (and who also knows Frank Oteri—something about six degrees of separation, I guess), and hopefully getting a good seat at the concert. I’m looking forward to finally meeting in person a lot of people I’ve gotten to know very well, but only virtually. At this point, I’ve only actually met the others on the concert committee and Jacob Sudol (when we had a quick middle eastern lunch in Montreal last year); I’ve never actually met Jerry, so this should be quite interesting. Definitely bringing my digital camera for the occasion.

If I don’t stay too long at the reception tonight, it’s only because I have to get back to Wyncote, PA and go to work in the morning. Real life intrudes eventually, unfortunately.

Comment from Steve Hicken
Time: November 20, 2006, 2:00 pm

Good luck to all those involved!

Comment from Tom Izzo
Time: November 20, 2006, 3:09 pm

Best wishes to everyone involved in the concert. I look forward to reading about it in the upcoming days. Break a leg!

Comment from rama gottfried
Time: November 20, 2006, 4:16 pm

hey! don’t start on time!! concerts should start late!! i promised a friend who has a conflicting concert tonight that i would come see his dress rehearsal up at MSM, so i’ll be down just in the nick of time, but maybe a close 7:38pm… looking forward to it :0

Comment from Jeff Harrington
Time: November 20, 2006, 5:02 pm

By the time Jerry’s done with his (sic) soliloquy it’ll be 7:38! ;)

Cya!

Comment from Richard Buell
Time: November 20, 2006, 10:48 pm

Sounds like the greatest event since the Resurrection! Why am I not there? Curses!

rb